Military veterans have been at the forefront of every major worldwide victory in the name of freedom. Relieved from active duty we are not relieved of the pledge to protect the Constitution of the United States of America from all enemies, foreign and domestic. It is the obligation of public service to lead the society to beneficial futures.As 'Pogo' [Walt Kelly, cartoonist] pointed out years ago, "We have met the enemy, and it is us."
All social standards begin with the individual at the local level. Policies of government are set by representatives acting in concert for the espoused interests of the commonweal, such as guarantees of the Constitution; human rights, a fair culture, freedom of opportunity, and safety of citizens. When the agendas of representatives favor their personal interests over those of the people who elected them, it behooves their constituency to replace them, i.e., "Throw the bums out!"
What We must Achieve
- A new freedom for individual citizens to develop personally with their own choices.
- Freedom from the tyranny of government regulating opportunity.
- Escape from the stasis imposed by representatives too long self-serving.
- A return to the understandings of Founding Fathers of the nation.
- A better balance for participation in universal survival by every citizen.
- Recognition of responsibility and consequence by voters, who determine their own destinies.